Enhance the power of PrEP’s protection
PrEP or Pre-exposure Prophylaxis, is a pill that helps individuals stay safe from HIV infection when taken exactly as prescribed. Follow these precautions while taking PrEP for increased safety.
Precautions to follow:
- Remember to take PrEP under a doctor's supervision
- Take PrEP exactly as advised by your doctor (irregular adherence to PrEP decreases its protection)
- Avoid over the counter purchases or sharing with friends
- Use condoms to protect yourself from other sexually transmitted infections (STIs), as PrEP only protects against HIV
- See you doctor every three months to receive a check-up and support as you take PrEP