By using the site SafeZindagi.in you agree you understand the following information and accept these terms in full.
Safe Zindagi is an integrated health services platform, developed by Program Accelerate. Program Accelerate is a USAID/PEPFAR funded program, implemented by the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in partnership with YRG CARE, Blue lotus Advisory and The Fenway Institute under the guidance of the National AIDS Control Organization (NACO).
The platform offers users the ability to access testing for HIV and other STIs; and links users to services, including PrEP, through networked service providers.
Information on HIV
HIV is the virus that causes AIDS and can be transmitted through unprotected sex (vaginal, anal, or oral sex) with someone who is living with HIV; contact with blood through sharing needles (ex. injecting drugs); or from pregnant women living with HIV to their infants during pregnancy, delivery, or breast feeding.
There is free treatment available from the National AIDS Control Organisation for HIV/AIDS that can help an individual living with HIV stay healthy. Individuals with HIV/AIDS can adopt safe practices to prevent transmitting HIV to others.
- Sensitive personal information including your profile, clinical history and test results will be stored by Safe Zindagi but will only be used to provide you with better care options. The data will be protected under the standard privacy laws of India.
- No identifiable information obtained through the use of the platform will be disclosed to other entities without your consent. The laws that protect the privacy and confidentiality of medical information also apply to information procured by Safe Zindagi.
- You have the right to inspect all information obtained and recorded in the course of a telemedicine interaction, and may receive copies of this information
- If you opt for teleconsultation, the session may be recorded for reference but the recordings will not be used for advertising and will be protected along with other sensitive identifiable information.
- You may choose one or more of the variety of alternative methods of medical care which are available through networked service providers at any time. Your Virtual Counsellor will be available to explain the alternatives.
- Safe Zindagi may electronically share your personal medical information to other medical practitioners who may be located in other areas, including out of state, however who have been vetted and registered with the platform.
- The Virtual Counsellor appointed to you may be authorized by you to use the platform on your behalf, including setting up an account, uploading test results and booking appointments, home pick-ups or follow-up procedures.
- You may be contacted for follow up of services to improve my health outcomes through the services sought at SafeZindagi
- You have the right to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of the platform Safe Zindagi at any time, without affecting your future care or treatment.